EC pigments have been carefully selected for purity and brightness. The EC primaries for 4 Color Process methods are available in Standard.
• Transparent, intense primary colors designed especially for 4-color process printing.
• Bright primaries for maximum color range.
• Prints through a variety of mesh counts which decrease the need to print spot colors for brightness
• Match color key fast with these pure pigments
Supply the color separator with printed strike offs of each primary printed through the mesh selected for the production run for more accurate color reproduction from the film positives. Improved printing techniques will offer maximum color saturation and ink penetration into the fibers with the least amount of dot gain. Set machine pressure for maximum penetration. Print the single colors separately and then in 2 or 3 color combinations. Compare each to the color key. Not recommended for printing on dark fabrics. Note: Should the yellow appear too strong, (reds, greens, and browns, are too yellow) extend with MC0125 Process extender base. Print the cyan and magenta full strength.
Claira Colors™, bases, modifiers and additives should be mixed in clean vessels using clean mixer blades and utensils. Any contamination from other ink sources or non approved additives could make Claira Colors™ test positive for the restricted phthalates.
• Do not dry clean, bleach, or iron the printed image.
• Rutland Plastic Technologies does not knowingly add plasticizers containing the phthalates listed and outlined in California Bill 1108, CPSC HR-4040 and Oeko-tex Standard 100. The plasticizers identified may include di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), dibutyl phthalate (DBP), benzyl butyl phthalate (BBP), diisononyl phthalate (DINP),diisodecyl phthalate (DIDP), di-n-octyl phthalate (DnOP), (DIBP) Di-iso-butyl, and (DMP) Dimethylphthalate, including esters of ortho-phthalic acid and are not direct ingredients in the manufacture of Claira™ High Opacity Non Phthalate Inks Rutland Plastic Technologies does not test the final product for amounts of the aforementioned phthalate plasticizers and esters and encourages all users to conduct testing for their intended use
Technical Data Sheet #342
Wet Ink Tack Low
After Flash Tack Low
Surface Appearance Thin film = Matte
Bleed Resistance N/A
Gel Point/FlashTime160°F (71ºC) / decreases with deposit thickness
Fusion Temperature 320°F (160ºC)
Squeegee Hardness Medium
Squeegee Blade Sharp
Squeegee Angle 45 degrees
Squeegee Speed Fast
Underlay Not required
Emulsion Direct or Indirect
Mesh Count Up to 355 mc in (140 mccm)
Storage65°F to 95°F. (18ºC to35ºC) Avoid direct sun
Cleanup Bio-degradable screenwash
MSDS # 38
Color Range See EC Series
Substrate Color/Type Light, Medium & Dark Cotton
Claira™ NPT 4-Color Process Ink
EC 4-Color Process
ANY APPLICATION NOT REFERENCED IN THIS TECHNICAL DATA SHOULD BE PRE-TESTED OR CONSULTATION SOUGHT WITH RUTLAND’S APPLICATIONSLABORATORY PRIOR TO PRINTING. CALL 704-553-0046 EXT. 192 FOR MORE INFORMATION.